Thursday, August 6, 2009

Team Player

Tuesday...

I got a day off yesterday! I met up with a friend for lunch, caught up with my friends in The Higher Concept before they hit the stage this weekend with MTV, and J Glaze just happened to be in town as well. Not to mention going to dinner with my friend Nick to Black Salt. The food was OK, we were sent out multiple comped plates from the kitchen, so we had plenty to sample. Guess it's good to be with the Chef de Cuisine of a well known restaurant sometimes.

I made it to bed before 2am, and I walked into the kitchen this morning around 9. Chef let it be known immediately that he would be leaving by 1pm and taking the day off. Uh OK, I mean it's not like I had a problem with it, but I would rather see him get an entire day like myself instead of a half. They are few and far between enough that we both appreciate it when it does happen.

Then Barton strolled in in the afternoon to go over some menu changes (again) before service. Things were great, and I was asked if I could open and be in at 8am Wednesday morning so chef could spend sometime with family that was in town. No sweat, so chef can take 2 days off, meaning my mini-vacay won't be far behind!

Or not.
ciao!

No comments: