Saturday, July 11, 2009

If You Wanna Take My Picture....Then I Won't Even Shave...

Thursday evening...

Chef and Barton were at FOX for 3 hours, so I got to listen to some tunes while I cut some Sockeye Salmon from Alaska, Mahi from North Carolina, Bluefish from here, and cleaned up some calamari. Not to mention the tomato sauce and mushroom ragout that were on the stove.

Before they returned I had most of the prep done for the day and expedited most of the lunch service. Then I realized just how much there was left to do, because Wednesday's Davon crest arrives from Pennsylvania today. Tonite they brought so much stuff, including some sungold tomatoes, which were probably the best tomatoes I have ever had. Cases upon cases of stuff that we had to break down and do everything but cook so that it would fit into our walk-in, which I think I have mentioned before is the smallest in the city.

Before the lunch was over, as we were going around cleaning, a photographer actually stopped by and took some pics of the place and surprise surprise, the guy wanted a pic of the 3 of us. I can't remember if it was for the Times or the Washingtonian, but it's one of the two.

I only wish I had known about it sooner, ya know, maybe I would have shaved today?

No comments: