Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cordon Bleu!

Cafe du Parc...

Here is a place that is fairly well known, but probably under appreciated with an outspoken chef in the city. Located on 14th and Pennsylvania, I did not even make it past the bar because I was too lazy to walk up the steps.

I decided to try the charcuterie and cheese plates. I also tried several different beverages that were phenomenal. The bartender was incredibly knowledgeable and my new chef and I talked cuisine throughout the entire meal. We talked a lot about what we were going to be getting into and the challenges ahead, lots of fun.

But anyway, back to the food. The charcuterie plate was the best I have had in the city in a long time. It had duck prosciutto on it. Pate en crute,

basically a meat paste in bread and in this case, brioche. OK, may sound a little weird to many people, but I promise it is absolutely delicious.

I had foie pate as well. Foie pate to me is a "Torchon," which I haven't made in a few years but I can tell you it is a 3 day process and well worth the wait. You take the duck liver and let it sit overnight in milk and alcohol, we used brandy, and on the second day it is wrapped tightly in cheese cloth and sat in salt overnight again. The next day it is sliced and served...tastes like butter, baby!

Yay! A positive restaurant review!

No comments: