Thursday, April 9, 2009

Layin' Low

Umm...

Well, my exit from the restaurant didn't exactly go as planned. I ended up having to attend a funeral on what was supposed to have been my last day. My replacement actually asked for a day off during my final week as well. Someone must not have told him what the job requirements were. The guy took very little notes during the week, which won't bode well for anyone being that I am no longer there. I heard from a few servers that the new guy already had to scramble and go buy oysters from somewhere random. I almost feel for him, but enough of that.

No rest on my end though, I have already been spending half of my days with the new restaurant. The cool part, depending on how you look at it, is that this place doesn't open for another 3 weeks. As I have learned in the past, I will not be naming my new restaurant quite yet, at least not without permission.

I can say that this place has already been written about several times. My new chef is extremely well known in this city, and I am walking into a restaurant before the actual kitchen equipment makes it inside. It is literally sitting on the patio as we speak. I have yet to even ask my new chef about keeping this blog. It's a big deal to me, though small change to my new chef. Countless magazine and a few TV appearances, a cookbook in the making...this blog isn't even a blip on the radar for my new chef. So hopefully he won't mind letting me continue to emote, bitch, complain and extrapolate in my little corner of the Interwebz.

All in due time, though he has been kind enough to let me take a camera into the place as it becomes our new home. I have got plenty of video, but it won't be making it on here anytime soon. I love my new position and the people I have will be working with. So I don't want to blow it over a blog!

More to come soon...

No comments: