Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Stocking Up

Good morning...

Happy Tuesday from my little laptop inside of Blue Ridge restaurant. I am checking in to give a quick update on the progression of this place.

As I type, there is a saw going off in the kitchen as metal is being cut and fabricated to fit the walls. Some people are here hooking up the surround sound and speakers for the place. Some other company is here linking up our computers, at least the wiring for them, LOL. From a snail's pace to light speed, it seems. It looks like we may actually do a small happy hour here next week on Wednesday for some VIP's, which should be a lot of fun.

All the while, my chef and I are sitting in front of our respective PC's researching vendors and particular food products from all over the southern states, in search of the best sustainable products. Ham and grits weigh heavily on our minds today.

It is not even 11am and I have written and received a dozen emails and phone calls from people in Kentucky, South Carolina, Alabama, and southern Virginia. I loved putting my best southern accent on, but I gotta tell you I can't hold a candle to my chef, who is from Tennessee. The "yes ma'am..." coming from a true southerner will trump the words "I reckon!" coming from me any day!

Oh well, more research to be done and more phone calls to make. We already have 4 different companies sending us samples from all of the states I listed earlier, so someone is eating good this weekend!

No comments: