Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fired Up and Ready To Go!

Thursday...

Oh, did I forget to mention that tomorrow night we will be inviting around 30-40 people to come in to eat? It honestly slipped my mind as well. We spoke about it about it at a meeting this afternoon. The gas got turned on this around 4pm and this kitchen rocks. The walk-in is still nowhere near its final setup, the line is empty, we have bits and pieces of the menu done...but it’s awesome!

Flying by the seams of our pants all the way, and I think it has gone better than any other opening I have ever done. As soon as the gas came on, we made up the chow-chow (pickled vegetables), a mix for pot pie, simple and insane, bechamel for 2 different items, braised some pork belly, cooked collard greens and the list goes on.

I guess now that I think about it, we accomplished more in 3 hours then we had the past 3 days by just being about to use the stove and ovens. Now if we could only get hot water tomorrow morning…


No comments: