Monday, March 30, 2009

The Beginning of the End

Monday...

Well, my week is just starting. It will be my last in this kitchen, and that brings a big smile to my face. As I try not to let a "short timer's" attitude come about, I realized that I still have to be in here at 6am for inventory Wednesday morning. I am asking myself over and over again if I will work from open to close this week as I have for over a month now. Really will have to play it by ear, at least that's what I am trying to do.

As I give my replacement all the info necessary to do what I have done here, I cannot help but realize this person takes no notes whatsoever. During my first week here I was with my chef for 4 days before he left for a week of vacation. In those 4 days I became efficient enough to make sure things would go over smooth. This guy has 10 days with me, and I have seen him take notes twice. I almost feel for him because he must not know what he is getting himself into. I have gone over everything with him step by step 3 times now. I wouldn't get much more than that at any place I have ever been to, that is the reason why you take notes.

Last entry I said I would begin to tell stories about where I know my replacement from, and where our new GM is from and the restaurant that went under during his watch. Well, you will have to wait until I am out the doors for that one. I still have several days left and have every intention of leaving on a good note, though once I am out it will be a different story...

No comments: