Friday, May 9, 2008

Chili Eve

Happy Friday People!!!

Last day before the DC101 Chili Cook-Off, can you tell it's all I am thinking about? I had to be at work early this morning and have 2 different parties to prep for, as well as a lunch special to put together. Not to mention about 200 lbs of fish to fabricate. Yup, that's right 200lbs, fish coming in from Hawaii, Senegal, and our regular stock. When my chef told me how much he was ordering I was telling him it was too much. Then I realized I am off tomorrow.

Kind of funny if you look at it through my eyes. I would treat myself every bit the same way. "Hey kid, your off tomorrow and even if I have enough people in the kitchen, why add the stress of cutting all that fish tomorrow when I can make you do it today." So, I understand chef, work smart not hard. So while I sit here and bust my ass for the next several hours I will do so without a peep of bitching or whining because I won't be here tomorrow.

I intend to be drinking before noon and making a kick ass batch of chili. I can't complain at all actually. I have all of my produce and meat for the event. I am leaning on some friends to bring the pots we are making the chili in and the stoves we are cooking them on. Yes, it's more then one pot and stove...we are talking around 14 gallons of chili when it's all said and done. I ain't messin around with this, the Mad Chef is doing this to get his name out there and if ten gallons won't cut it then I'm going to just pull out all the stops for this. It's gametime.

I'll have pics and info up here on Sunday, so wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luckf