Friday, May 16, 2008

Day Off, Off Topic

So,

The Mad Chef has a day off today, no time to waste though, as I begin to try and identify what I want to do with this "Mad Chef" entity and its evolution. I mean, the name "Mad Chef" only comes from my first catering gig when I was maybe 18 years old. I thought it was a cool name until I Googled it and saw 1,000 other "Mad Chef's," so I needed to take it one step further.

The Mad Chef of M Street is my path, my Projectivity, my own evolution into becoming a top chef (I hate that show...). I mean, anyone can call themselves a chef. Look at these TV shows that are on today. Do you really think Rachel Ray or Giada or any of those other TV food people could really run a multi-million dollar a year restaurant with all the issues and random bullshit that goes on on a daily basis? Possible, but not likely.

What about the guy that from Ace of Cakes? I met him at Olive's in DC when I was there, OK he probably could. Alton Brown? OK, that guy knows his stuff. But can he do that at 8pm on a Saturday night two line cooks down? I digress, this is not about anyone else but myself and what I want to do.

It takes a lot to get where I am now, but this is just the beginning...I am in the process of turning the kitchen in my condo more into a lab than a kitchen. With all the toys I have on my list, I may be able to start my own small catering business too. I mean, I am already doing a few small gigs here and there, and have plans for when football season comes around to really put myself out there for my beloved Skins.

I cant wait for that, I'm gonna tailgate in a different section each game and just throw down with everyone around me in the name of simply having a great time and handing out some business cards. If I can gather some other friends that cook here in the city, ha, just wait and see what we can come up with. The Chili Cook-off was a big success for me, especially for letting me see what I am capable of doing in the elements.

Sorry, just pondering the world of options that this great career has opened up for me, and hopefully before too long you'll get a chance to see what I can do for your event, party or dining experience!

2 comments:

Emily said...

FYI: MommaSarge says I can't afford you for my (hypothetical) wedding. The nerve. :)

PaulD said...

Trust me, she'll do better with The Mad Chef than she'll do with any of those other rackets.