Sunday, June 14, 2009

Help Wanted

We have had 2 people come in this week from restaurants in search of a sous position in the kitchen. One will become our tournant chef (basically a cook who can work ever station and does so each night) and the other a sous chef. Once we get these 2 people in here, a day off may only be a few more weeks away! Chef thinks otherwise, and unfortunately because of my morals, if he doesn't take a day off neither will I. Damned if I won't try to make our days shorter though in the process. Ya know, like going from 14 hour shifts to 11. That'd be awesome, and I am not being sarcastic.

Prepping the food in the morning has become routine and I am just starting to get used to it. Then I see a leg of cured lamb come in...we started making our own bacon last week. Next week we will start getting in whole pigs. It keeps me on my toes to say the least. Our menu has changed so many times that in the Express news paper this morning, Barton got a full page. And if I remember correctly, out of the 5 items that were listed, maybe 2 of them are exactly as it was typed. Barton only did this photo shoot a week ago too...

Can't wait to see what next month will bring when the second floor opens in this place...

No comments: