Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Love Da Single Moms!

Tuesday...

Or whatever day it is, LOL. Another day come and gone, and the highlight of this day was a party of 20 from...drumroll please...Good Guys. Fucking phenomenal. If you don't know, Good Guys is a, um, gentleman's establishment nearby.

It was awesome, I tell you. OK, not really, out of the 20 there, it was about 50/50 hot to stereotypical DC strippers. But hey, they had a good time and got obnoxious on our patio, singing songs throughout their meal. Loud enough that we could hear it in the kitchen because the door was open leading to the patio. I think I heard Journey, Whitesnake, and whatever else I guess they play in strip clubs. I mean it's not like I have ever been to one, but for the record, I support single moms!

OK, so that really wasn't the highlight of my day, but it was random nonetheless. Pulling in over 100 covers again on a Tuesday night is cool. I must admit though, that this is the first restaurant I have ever worked at that I am the last person to walk out each night.

The front of the house manager leaves an hour before I do, because I am still helping our dishwasher clean and take out the trash. I do dishes at the end of my day to help get him and me out of here faster, and it's still midnight before I leave. I even made up a soup for tomorrow while everyone was cleaning up tonite.

Working these hours, I better keep thinking ahead...

No comments: