Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Glowing Knuckles

Monday,

OK, so remember how I said I had several marks from the wrath of "Carey-Ann?" Well tonite the grill cook was off, so I had to work with her all night by myself. I know I said I had worked with her several times, but not for an entire shift up to this point. Well, tonite that would come true, and we did just over 15o covers.

It was the first time I spent more than 6 hours over a wood burning grill since my days with Todd English at Olive's. I was calling it more colorful names all night because after stocking my fire high enough to set off the ansel system, I noticed my knuckles had turned bright red from the heat. That was at 6pm. By 7pm, my arms had lost most of the (little bit) of hair they had.

I treated that thing like my bitch all night and didn't have one re-cook, save for a burger that was rung in as one thing and sent out, but somewhere along the line the person decided they wanted well done instead of medium rare. That doesn't count. ;)

To top off the evening, chef actually said "good job" as he left tonite. Only took two months to get it out of him!

No comments: