Monday, March 16, 2009

Rod Tidwell

Friday...

Has another week really passed so quickly? I had a day off yesterday and I really should consider it that because I was only here for 45 minutes to place orders, make the special, and write up the menu for the evening.

Though everyone tried to ask me something as I tried to do my ninja vanish. Especially the raw bar cook who is my supervisor in the morning. She has called me every damn day since the day my chef was let go. By 8:20am my phone is ringing. I get asked the most random of questions like she is attempting to track my pricing better then I am. I would gladly give her my job and take hers.

8-4 Monday thru Friday? Hell yeah, and it would be a breeze too. However, since that is not the case I politely answer the phone each morning and as nicely as possibly remind her that she will see me in a few hours. To no avail because she obviously has not gotten the point.

Bragging rights to myself even though the month is nowhere near over, my running food cost is sitting around 28%. We are allowed 32% food cost which is typical in restaurants of this stature. This time last year we were sitting at 39% but had also done about $25,000 more in food sales. FC (food cost) is a big damn deal, and the fact that it is so low right now is unbelievable. Hopefully it stays that way and by the end of the month I am getting a pat on the back...in some form other then physical contact if you get my drift...show me the money!

I also told one of the managers that is watching over the place while another manager is still hobbled, literally, that I would need off May 19th for the DC101 Chili Cook-Off. He simply said that when the time came you would know which was more important and what would need to be done. Ah shit, why do I get the sense that someone else will say something very similar when I ask for that day off again.

Speaking of which, my favorite blonde sent me a reminder email of sorts to fill out the application to get a spot for this year. I'm winning that bitch this year...

No comments: