Sunday, January 4, 2009

Diet or Die!

Saturday...

Aww man, this detox shit is for the birds! OK, so it does work, but I didn't want to even attempt to say anything about it until I had done it for 2 days. Day one was fine until around 6pm and my body was ready to shut down. Yesterday wasn't any better since I worked the entire day. Today I feel like I dropped 10 pounds and could run a marathon. Well, that may be a bit exaggerated, but I feel great nonetheless. I thought if I just quit drinking I would feel good after a few days...

8 glasses of pomegranate juice, 4 glasses of carrot juice, 200 grams of almonds, and a huge bowl of brown rice each night. Yup, that's what I did, and I suggest taking it easy, i.e. not working out and as little activity as possible. My mood was pretty foul last night for no other reason than I had nothing in me to "burn" to keep me going. No coffee, soda, smoking and plenty of water along the way. That's about 1200 calories a day, which is pretty low for a guy but for 2 days and the way I feel this morning it was totally worth it. Now onto the rest of this diet plan.

I have never been one for calorie counting, but if this is ever going to work for someone else there is no other way. My lineup of food for the day is oatmeal to start, and not the instant crap either, too processed. I am going old school Quaker Oats and some salt. OK, so I may not make it that serious for more then a week, but gotta start out right and introduce certain foods later on in the plan. Lunch will be some type of salad with a oil/vinegar dressing with no sugar added into the recipe. Snacks will be some almonds, or fruit. Most likely I am thinking apples over the nuts.

A piece of grilled chicken breast with the salad will only help. Dinner...gotta think about that one. Seeing is I will be at work, I'm thinking grilled salmon with some steamed spinach. The goal is to stay below 1500 calories for the day, this shouldn't be difficult. What will be difficult is going to the gym 4 days a week for the first week of this diet. And no supplements aside from my daily vitamins should make things interesting...

No comments: