Thursday, January 29, 2009

Beat It

Thursday...

No time for sittin around today. Been to the gym already and its not even noon yet on my only day off from the kitchen. I will be back in one this evening working on some recipes with Panas Gourmet, but first comes the running around looking for all of the ingredients that I mentioned in the recipes. That will be the challenge of my day, since some foods are not easily found.

Now if I had planned ahead and begged my awesome vendor at Coastal Sunbelt, maybe she could have given me the foods I need in the small increments I want. It would have been a bit more expensive though since I am on a credit with them outside of my work, and it would have been delivered to me, it may have been worth it to go that route. Oh well.

Bills to pay, a house to check out, Fios to call and bitch about billing, food to search for, and recipes to test in a few hours. Fun filled day for me! As I type this I cant help but think about all the things I have set out to do while listening to this track that my friends in The Higher Concept sent me.

Have you ever sat down in a studio and watched someone make a song? I mean the producer plays a beat, but in this case a guitarist plays a few cords, and the guys all write a verse? Right before my eyes and over the course of 3 hours a song was made up. The rough version of course with no editing done.

It's raw for lack of a better word but it makes you appreciate what artists go through to create a masterpiece. Once the final editing is done I will be sure to post it on here so any of you can see what I am going crazy about. [Note from The Brain: Bitch, you must have forgotten about my band's recording sessions back in the day! I want my CD back...]

Oh yeah, I had every intention of going to check out my host Mike Way tonite at 8:30pm at the DC Improv, but that may have to wait because my meeting with Panas is at 7pm. Hopefully Saturday night I will get the opportunity to see his awesomeness in person. I have heard through the grapevine his new material is his own "Thriller," if you are old enough to fully understand that reference!

No comments: