Thursday, January 29, 2009

Under Pressure

Wednesday...

Day 2 of waking up at 5:15 and heading to the gym before getting to work at 8am. Much easier than yesterday, and I am a step ahead of everyone since I have already put in my workout...and a 2nd cup of coffee before 9:30 doesn't hurt.

This morning as I made a batch of chowder in our steam kettle, here is a pic so you understand how large this thing is. The reason why I tell you about this portion of my day is that these things generate heat from the steam inside. You need to fill a portion of them with water every other use or so. And when the pressure builds up there is an auto release, usually unexpected.

Cool huh? I mean, who wouldn't want to hear or feel 100 plus degrees of steam being pushed out at around 115 pounds of pressure through a hole the size of a dime. One of my cooks didn't, and slid from one side of the kitchen to the other when it went off. Great times I swear, he probably thought he was back in the militia...bad joke, nevermind.

Going to check out a possible venue for CRS tomorrow afternoon most likely. And another meeting with the Panas Gourmet people. I got an email from them last week inquiring when I was going to produce this food I had written about on the blog a few days ago...well, just ask!

No comments: