Thursday, January 22, 2009

Uncovered

What a week. I honestly do not think that I have been able to get more then 5 hours of sleep each night because of work and a few other things. Sunday with the family was great, but I got off work around 7pm Saturday night and helped my parents with some recipes until 11, then came back to my place and cooked until around 1 am.

Sunday all afternoon was spent with the fam and the evening was dedicated to my Jack Russell, a small fireball doesn't really describe her well enough. Monday I dusted off the cob webs and jumped behind the line for around 200 covers. Yes, 200, finally a busy night and I spent it cooking with my cooks as opposed to directing the kitchen. Tuesday for inauguration we did a party of 60 and around 100 covers, with me on the line again. My cooks must have thought hell froze over because I worked along side them, and actually carried them if I may say so myself.

But last night things went back to the same rather quickly, it was fairly slow. I did see a table of 4 walk out after looking over the lunch menu...they said it was too expensive. So was the fur coat the woman was wearing that said it to the server. There was also a couple from Detroit, the server had to tell one of them that she was looking over the menu upside down. Her reply "Oh it's OK honey, I wouldn't be able to see it anyways without my glasses."

Weird time to be in the restaurant business.

No comments: