Friday, January 23, 2009

No Sex in the VIP Room

Thursday...

Looking for a house is a PITA. That's really all I want to say about that part of my life. I cannot wait to be in NY for 3 days, even if it is to cook for a day. It will be a nice change of pace and sure to be a great evening with my friends in The Higher Concept. I won't be in NY until after midnight but to those kids that's about 9pm, which means I will be traveling into the city for some festivities on the VIP list.

VIP in NY basically means you get to skip the line, which ain't bad but not much more than that. Should be good times nonetheless, but I also got an email that I have to arrive at the chili competition by noon. That's around the time I usually wake up by NY standards, so it could get interesting cooking on a hangover...at least I get to start drinking again as soon as I start cooking!

This diet that I have been following is really starting to take its affect on me. I have started incorporating complex carbs into my diet on a regular basis and my energy has shot through the roof, but boy do I ever just want some fucking french fries and a burger! Sweet potatoes and brown rice are just 2 of the new foods I am eating on a regular basis before 5pm every evening. After that there are no carbs, and that is a real beast to do when you never sleep before midnight. Of course quitting the drinking part never really happened, but the abs that are starting to peak through is enough motivation to keep going.

Pilot?
Someone asked me about that yesterday and patience is a virtue that I have yet to master. C.R.S.? Yeah, that too, my partner on that venture is struggling to find a first venue when the other 2 aren't going to available for months. Back to the pilot though, since my host Mike Way is performing at the DC Improv for the rest of this month I am forced to be patient yet again. Can't be upset for others wanting to make progress, at least in the meantime I can check out how funny the man really is before we put him in front of a camera in my kitchen studio! The studio itself is really what seems to be holding us back. Hopefully by the first of the month I will be writing about progress on that front.

And oh yeah...Top Chef, if you are going to cheat on your significant other, try not to do it on national television!

No comments: