Friday, January 23, 2009

Spinning

Friday...

So as I walk into my office today, I see I only have 2 cooks. One for the raw bar, one for the line. I know we are slow but I had an extra person all week and there is a party to prep for this evening. So the day when I would have work for everyone to do, there is no one to delegate to. Brilliant.

So, with my mind on a cookoff in the Bronx tomorrow afternoon, I down a coffee and some egg whites and hop to it. Maybe I shouldn't have gotten up at the crack of dawn for that run this morning? Ugh.

5 different passed apps to prep, 2 sauces to make and 4 different fish to cut totaling around 70 pieces. Don't forget the special for this evening and the menu to be written. Since there is no time to waste today because I want everything done by the time my chef gets here, it's time to say have a great weekend!

12 hours from now I intend to be inebriated to the fullest in NY somewhere!

No comments: