Thursday, February 26, 2009

The Bobs

Wednesday...

First off I need to take a moment to wish The Brain a happy birthday, that old fucker. He has a new born baby, a wife, nice home, and now he has more grey hairs then he can count. Good for him...

Day 3 without a chef, interesting would be an understatement. It almost reminds me of when I opened Acadiana, or Zola. This Quality Assurance guy that I considered to be one of the 4 Horseman really isn't that bad after all, at least not yet. I really haven't been able to disagree with anything he has said thus far, and on top of everything he is actually helping me with changing everything I wanted to change 2 years ago upon arriving here. I have cleaned more in the past 3 days then any other time here.

Not really, but it is the way him and I are going about changing and consolidating items in the restaurant. Putting everything into its proper place, or at least putting like items together. I wish his name was Bob, because he reminds me of the characters from Office Space, you know, the guys that came in and evaluated every employee. This guy is doing the same thing, maybe that's why I am on my best behavior, LOL.

Even so, I do like what he has brought to the table thus far. The only thing that concerns me is when will I receive my day off? I am missing a wedding this weekend for some very important friends, I have an engagement party to cater Sunday for my produce vendor, then I walk in here at 6am Monday to do my first inventory of this place. 6am, like I will be in this kitchen before its light out and who is going to be here to close the doors at 10pm? No one but myself, and I wont bitch about it aloud because I know what good it will do. NONE.

Sometimes its hard to step into a role like this where every employee is looking at me for the next move. The past 3 days my staff has seen a small turnaround in me which has rubbed off nicely on most of them When they see me cleaning, they follow suit. When they see me organizing stuff they never took the time to care about, they too begin to take care of things as well. Something tells me it should have always been this way......

No comments: