Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fuck You, Hallmark...

Tuesday...

It's morning and not a moment to spare. Oatmeal and an egg for breakfast to keep this diet thing going, as it has been for a little over a month now. Off to the gym for 2 hours then to work for 12. Long day? Ehh, it seems like life and I'm not complaining because I feel better for it.

Valentines Day is right around the corner and we are completely overbooked due to complicated seating. Not complicated so much as a bunch of 2 tops and we just don't have that many tables dedicated to so few people per reservation. I think the way it looks right now, we are almost overbooked every 30 minutes by 4 reservations from 5 until 10 pm. That means I will be cooking well past closing time due to long waits at the door and people undoubtedly camping out for longer then expected the entire evening.

I think I am going to do an ancho-chili blood orange reduction, take some brussel sprouts and cipiolini onions, roast em off and toss them with some crispy pancetta. Pancetta being my favorite part because its like bacon, only much better and waaay less healthy. We are getting some fish flown in from West Africa I believe, so it should go over well with whatever my chef gives me to use.

Gotta run.....

No comments: