Monday, February 16, 2009

Wing Sauced

Saturday...

Waking up with a slight hangover after a night in Georgetown amongst friends was well worth it. Especially with the week ahead, I needed to let it loose while I can.

Today promises to be incredibly busy with the restaurant overbooked from start to finish. Who would have thought that during a recession people still find it necessary to come out in droves for this "Hallmark" of a holiday. I mean, fellas, have you all been that bad of a man to your woman? It wasn't half this crazy last year, but oh well.

We got some Hawaiian fish in yesterday for today's special. My chef is going to put together a lobster and truffle succotash with Monchong, or Lemon Snapper to be more common. I am going with my fan favorite Walu. I already said what I was going to do the other day.

Yesterday, in an effort to get ahead on my prep, I made the Juallio Blood Orange sauce. Juallio is just a dried pepper similar to an ancho, which we know as poblanos. The reason I talk about making the sauce is because for family meal yesterday, one of the cooks did up a batch of wings. Man as soon as I smelled them, well you know how we get when there are wings in the fryer and then soaked in a bbq sauce!

Well, this sauce that the wings were rolled in was freakin awesome. Everyone was making comments about them. I had to make an amuse for some friends an hour later and as I went to go make it I decided I HAD to use the sauce for today's special...

No comments: