Thursday, February 5, 2009

Saucy

Friday...

Before I get into today's festivities (working), let me tell you what I experienced last night. Panas Gourmet...it was the first time I had been back there in about 2 years. Boy was it different, new tiled floors, new equipment everywhere including an empanada machine. That was probably the most interesting piece of kitchen equipment I have seen in a while. It was like a 10 foot conveyor belt. I had no clue what it was, and the directions were in Spanish, which was fitting I guess. Evidently it does around 1300 empanadas an hour...no exaggeration.

I made 9 different sauces, and as much as I would have loved to try them with the empanadas it wasn't going to happen. It would take entirely too long just to warm up the ovens in the place. With that said, each and every one came out OK. OK meaning there were only 3 that surpassed my expectations, but that's just me tasting a sauce with nothing to go along with it. Chimichurri's and chipotle based sauces that just need a food to go along with them. So, hopefully when they taste all of them today with some food they will be what I expected, which is pretty 'effin good.

It was nice to catch up with the company, they have made a lot of progress since I last had contact with them. That's a good thing as well given the state of the economy, and it sounded like there was nothing stopping them from climbing even further.

Nevermind, I don't want to talk about work. People tryin' to kill a brother...

No comments: