Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Horsemen Are Drawing Nearer...

Friday...

So the week is almost over and my chef is due back to work today. He didn't make it in yesterday either, I got here at 8:30 in the morning and found out at noon. Maybe I would have come in an hour or so later had I known I would be here to close that evening. Oh well, what are ya gonna do? SLEEP, when I'm home at least.

One of the 4 Horseman was wandering around all day long yesterday, sticking his nose into just about every aspect of this place. Everything from the legs of the chairs having dust on them (in the dining room) to why I had so many different vegetables on a plate of fish (I don't just like variety with women ya know). Then going to our towel usage and asking the servers if they knew the "industry standard of how many napkins each customer uses."

OK, that was a new one for me. Someone should have known the answer, right? Not really, everyone in the room was stumped when it was asked, and there were a good 15 of us there. Maybe that was one of those "random facts" of knowledge that will make us into a better person someday? Let me stop being a smartass. I understand things like that can really help, but maybe if we are going to start going over fact & tact on matters in the dining room, that may be a little advanced for where we should be starting.

That is really only scraping the surface of what this guy did in the restaurant yesterday. Only bad thing was my chef wasn't here to defend any of it, leaving yours truly to bend over and grab my legs the entire day. I had to change some things on the menu that haven't been changed since before I got here. Can't really say no about any of the things that I was told to change, either.

It is what it is, I guess.

No comments: