Monday, October 13, 2008

Beet It!

Monday...

Not much to say, Saturday night was a beast. Went over smooth from the kitchen side and we didn't have any returns all night long, save for one item that had gone cold at the table. Just over 300 with the banquets for the evening. According to the reservations, we did 90 people at 8pm, which was when both the parties were supposed to have sat down. I think they ended up going out just after 9pm.

Today as I walked thru the doors into the kitchen, I noticed that everything is well under way for the start of service and running smoothly. Chef is off today, so I have prepared some roasted beats I'll mix with some other fall vegetables that we recently brought in. Then 12:30 rolls around I see my chef...um, you miss this place that much, huh? Not really, the manager was short staffed this morning so my chef took the initiative to step in until the closing manager gets here, nice.

Tonite looks promising as far as being busy goes. It's a holiday, there are tons of people walking around outside and it was busy for lunch today. Gotta go finish that spicy carrot broth to go with the beets!

No comments: