Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Like the SNL Skit..."Fix It!"

Fuck!

Yes, that is my favorite word ever and boy did it get abused over the last twenty or so minutes. I also just got here about thirty minutes ago. Recap...my raw bar cook has been asking for wood chips for smoking salmon since yesterday. She expected them to come in today though we won't need them until next Saturday, so I did not order them. She is upset because her thinking is we need everything right then and there. Um, the end of the month and inventory is less then 4 days away, so chill the fuck out.

Our garbage disposal has been acting up for 3 months. 4 different companies have come in saying that this or that needs to be replaced. I called one vendor 3 months ago and said "fix it." Hold on Mr. Sous Chef, the people upstairs want to check this out and make sure it is in their best interest to see if this really needs to be replaced. The disposal won't work some nights but does others. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

My chef has been told several different things and vendors have come in looking at it sporadically. It still isn't fixed, and this morning the same vendor that I called 3 months ago was back in to replace only a part of what needed to be fixed. The technician told me the same thing he told me 3 months ago. Someone upstairs thought it was wise to try and only fix a part of the problem without telling anyone in the kitchen. I get on the phone with one of our accountants and ask why only part of the problem is being solved. He tells me that his chief accountant did not approve for the entire thing to be fixed because he brought in another tech guy that said it wasn't the problem. WHAT THE FUCK, people.

Embarrassing wouldn't really be the right term to use in this case. Maybe I shouldn't care this much about things that are out of my control but how hard is it to just get one piece of equipment fixed? Well, maybe I should learn my lessons, especially when this has still yet to be installed. I mean, at least someone took the time to take it out of the box so it could be on display for a while!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you what u piece of human, i got a bone to pick with you and your little ppossy! Why did u have to do it, it wasn't right to judge him like that you...you, FARMER!!! Leave Hannah montana alone, you don't know how it feels for him[and i mean him] to kiss everyone one she's sees, it's heaart breaking. you're just jealous, got it!

oh and this is a fake message, and i hate hannah montana.