Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Falling Slowly

Wednesday....

Another day at the office I suppose. Not much going on, chef did inventory this morning and was finishing up when I got here at 1pm. He left shortly thereafter to go to a tasting at one of the properties. Did I mention there are 5 hotels spread across this city that the Four Horsemen own? Not to mention the other restaurants...

Well, I hope we don't consider bringing in a product not made in house, but not my call obviously. If you have seen our dessert menu, though, you would probably agree that we have enough of the pie/cake/tart variety. I'm no pastry chef, so it's not like it is fresh on my mind to whip up a new dessert up as often as I make the nightly specials. Although there is this ginger cake I put on the menu a few months ago that seems to be doing fairly well, and an espresso pumpkin cake last year...OK, so it happens every other blue moon I figure.

Since I like to practice utilizing all the goods in the kitchen tonite, I am going to use up the rest of the butternut squash in a hash with andouille sausage, confit of leeks, pimento peppers and top it off with a port reduction. Simple and easy, not much else to say about it. Hope it sells well with the Chilean black sea bass I intend to pair it with!!!

Also, I cant help but feel like I've jumped the gun with this "changing my food with the changing of the seasons" deal. I don't see a single leaf looking to turn yet. Oh well, guess I'm just ahead of the game...and Mother Nature. Yeah right...

No comments: