Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Piloting the Kosher Express

Tuesday...

Too much going on in and outside of the restaurant for my mind to contend with. Banquets that we haven't received the menus for yet, and just over 100 pounds of fish to fabricate. The kitchen ran out of too many items last night, as it was unexpectedly busy for a Monday night.

To safeguard against the same thing happening tonite I have ordered heavily, which explains all that fish to cut. Other than that, I have multiple quotes to give up by tomorrow for this Kosher tailgate this weekend. Which is not cool, I must admit.

Meeting for the pilot this Friday to finalize the script and getting with the musical acts, who are traveling down from New York for the gig. Looks like things may finally be falling in line for this to go down. I'm really excited, even if we're a little late!

Back to that tailgate this weekend, I actually had to go so far as to order new grill grates for my beast of a barrel grill. Damn thing weighs 170 pounds and I had to spend almost an hour between the computer and phone to get a hold of the manufacturer to get the proper grates for this thing. Ugh.

Time to start the specials for the day, I brought in some sunburst squash and baby zucchini...

I will roast them off and whip up some type of "fines herbes" sauce to compliment them.

Au revoir!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINALLY!! Actual food photos. Did you take these?

- Q

Anonymous said...

The Mad Chef of M Street is far from a photographer. If I am not mistaken he barely passed that class in high school.