Saturday, October 11, 2008

Breaking Fish

Saturday...

I almost don't know where to start. I am out of time yet again and I have yet to even tell you about my past 3 days away from the blog.

Thursday, eh it was my day off so I don't know what I can possibly write about that is PC, yes it was one of those days off. How the hell does that happen? Never mix politics with family for one. Sometimes you don't want to know where other members of your family stand, because it will only frustrate the living shit out of you.

Friday, I think for the first time ever I knew what it's like to work for a large hotel and prepare banquets for well over 1000 people. I cut 90 pounds of salmon...tar tare. I didn't only do that, but that took me the better part of 6 hours to do once I broke each salmon down. After that I helped put together 1800 pieces of shrimp wrapped with bacon and phyllo dough. I also fabricated the fish and made a special for the evening.

I was at work for just over 13 hours, I think. 90 fucking pounds...can you even imagine what my hands felt like at the end of the day? And you can take 4 showers and still not get that fishy smell off of you. But, eventually I came home and mustered up the energy to cook for myself and the Mrs. before collapsing onto my bed at 2am. Right back up again to come into work at 9am the next day.

Saturday, Taste of Georgetown, 2 banquets, one of which my chef learned about at 1pm today. 240 on the books for the evening. I haven't stopped running around yet to keep everything in order. At least I know I am accomplishing things, as I've gotten everything set up for the other parties, but my chef is down at The Wharf buying fish for the parties as we speak! Should be an interesting evening!

Go Skins!!!!!

No comments: