Monday, November 10, 2008

A Family Affair

Saturday night...

Maybe it was the way my day started in the first place. Today at work was set off by what I may have let trail me into work, karma-wise.

It all started around noon when my chef sent me the text to take my time coming into work today. I won't ask why, but it set me up with too much time on my hands I guess. So as I go to check my email I see a few from some family members. Well, I open them and proceed to read about how my political views are all distorted and I have no right to say the things that I do about the *cough* *cough* "losing party."

Rewind back about 2 months ago and I accidentally send them an email of some propaganda about conservatives. I got ripped for that, mind you it was sent to them by accident. I apologized and said it would never happen again. After 3 more emails, my aunt seemed to get the point, all to which I apologized extensively for accidentally sending the first email.

Well up to date again, they check my Facebook page (for what I have no clue...it's fucking Facebook and they're old!) and feel the need to get all riled up again. It doesn't stop there though, they proceed to tell me it is not professional as a small bisuness owner to write such things...dude this is just a Facebook page. Hold on...I didn't know I was a small business owner, first of all. And I mean it's not like I am this kid.

Needless to say there was much more in the email that I won't get into and the point is it got the conservative part of my family all in a tiffy. That or they just have too much time on their hands and think that their money is going to be taken away over the next four years???

Well, they succeeded in getting under my skin and it has kept me in a horrible mood all damn day. I try my best not to argue with family and respect my elders. I have been in such a foul mood that I actually flipped out on one of my cooks for undercooking an item and one of my dishwashers for wanting to go home. He said he didn't feel well, but he also was asked to come in tomorrow for extra hours...think he will actually show up now? Or was it done to set up not coming in, hmm.

Least I am off tomorrow. Politics and family don't mix, thanks for the advice uncle, now tell my aunt/your wife to get over the loss and that I said HOPE & CHANGE, bitches!

No comments: