Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Stranger By The Day

Tuesday...

OK, so my mood has been piss poor over the last few days for multiple reasons. Well, I am in a better mood but I have my own reasons for not letting shit get to me today. Last night as I am leaving, I am handed a banquet sheet for 35 people for the next day (today), nice. Well I go back and adjust my ordering accordingly, not complaining that I am being handed an event sheet the day before it occurs.

This morning I walk in with a smile on my face thinking I have my day set up. Well, I go check the reservations and this party isn't in the system...not the first time that has happened. So I tell my cooks what I need prepped for the party to help me out. I don't really look over the sheet anymore because I have told when it is and I know what needs to be done. Well, the other manager pops out and tells me that he has an update for this party, that is for 35 people...for TOMORROW. I say OK, well, what about the one tonite, because it wasn't even complete last night when it was first handed to me.

Of course, they are the same party, but it is for Wednesday, not tonite. Awesome, huh? I mean, maybe I should go over and double or triple check what is handed to me, from other managers, instead of taking their word for it and then doing the work. I don't think I should have to do things like that but it sure would save me a good bit of time if I did.

Lesson learned...

No comments: