Saturday, November 1, 2008

HallOWeen

Saturday morning....

Oh man, the pictures may tell too much. 3 different parties over different parts of Washington, DC. All beginning at around 9pm. I can see why I have yet to participate in Halloween over the past couple of years. I am in a little bit of pain this morning. Can't argue though, as one of my old chef's always told me, "if you are going to be hungover you might as well get paid for it." Makes no sense whatsoever, huh? Well, that's the way I feel.

I have several friends coming in tonite and my chef is probably doing inventory as I type this. I am going in several hours early to make everything that I want to have for them tonite. I intend to even make a special dessert of toffee bread pudding for them. I have to stop off at the store to purchase this stuff but it should be worth it if it comes out the way I intend it too. I have parsnips, sweet potatoes and cauliflower to play with today as I walk into work. One could say that I have some nice toys to get myself started for the evening.

I have plenty to get done today without making these 2 specials along with the dessert. My chef will have his hands tied with the inventory deal so plenty of caffeine will be needed to make this day go by. I still haven't decided what I am going to do for an amuse for 12 people. I was thinking of doing mussels because it's the only seafood variety they will not end up eating at some point during the meal.

If I am going to use mussels I then have to decide whether I am going to make them with Tuaca and cream or Limoncello and cream. 2 different flavors that when I put them together should be great, but still gotta decide because each one calls for different ingredients to enhance the flavor of the liquor I end up using!

Gotta run, have a great weekend! Hope everyone had a safe Halloween!

No comments: