Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Two Day Hangover

Tuesday...

Tuesdays are worse then Mondays, it is kind of like a hangover from the weekend that is setting in a day late.

Not much going on today, spent several hours last night going over menu ideas with a friend of mine for an upcoming tailgate. This particular tailgate is weeks away, but it's going to be Kosher. Kosher as in Hebrew, not as in just using the salt. It's going to be a challenge and a blast all at the same time. I don't even have a budget for the event, meaning I can do whatever I want. Hope I don't "wine & cheese" it too much, but how can I not when I am told I can make whatever I want AND buy all the equipment I need?

I received a case of butternut squash today. I asked my vendor yesterday if they were in full swing for the season. Maybe I should have clarified what I was asking because these are miniature versions of what I was looking for, and are just not bringing a smile to my face, dammit. So I called her (and she is lucky she's a blond, or it would have been a more forceful conversation!) to let her know what I was asking yesterday and we agreed she would be way more specific next time.

What will I do with these? Puree, hash, roast, soup...ask me in a few hours, I need my first cup of coffee!

No comments: