Friday, August 1, 2008

High and Dry

Friday...

What a week this has been. Not really over yet but hey, it's Friday and I won't put up any complaints. My chef is still doing inventory and its 4pm. No comment on that one but I will give him some slack.

When he got here at 6am, the dryer that we have upstairs was covered in black smoke and the ceiling above it was, well, toast. When I got here at 1pm, all I saw was the dryer outside in the garbage area. First thought, well it must have been an interesting morning, huh? Walk through the doors and the walls have a smokey haze to them and it smells of toasted wires...uh oh.

Walk downstairs in to the kitchen and all is well, so I barely say any hello's to anyone and avoid my chef to get the scoop from the manager. I am immediately told take a look at our cameras to make sure no one broke in to start the fire. Really? I thought I was the sous chef here not the IT/security guy. More importantly, they think someone may have broken in to use the freakin dryer? Who am I working for again? Thank goodness these people don't know who I am because I would make this idea the joke of the town.

Anyways, long and short of it, the dryer lit up like a candle around 2:45am. It couldn't have been on or the breaker next to it would have shut it off automatically. Poltergeist?? I knew there was something wrong with this place, dammit....

On to my day. I have less then 2 hours to fabricate fish, update the menu, and make a special. Have a great weekend!!! Oh yeah, one more day left in the week for me!!! Tonite I am going to make a vanilla balsamic reduction, a black bean relish with roasted corn and several fresh herbs and peppers, onions, etc.

No comments: