Sunday, April 13, 2008

No Rest for the Weary

Sunday, a day of rest for most, a day of catch up for The Mad Chef. Though I must admit after going to see my friends The Dance Party at the Rock n Roll Hotel last night, this is more of a rehydration day. The show was absolutly amazing with a packed house for the venue. Although they did not step on stage until almost midnight, it was well worth the wait. It was crazy, there was electricity in the air the entire time with crowd surfing, people jumping up and down and the band just ate it up. They jammed pretty late, and ended up with lead singer Mick Coogan eventually jumping into the crowd himself after they demanded an encore.

Enough about that though, I have work to do on my day off...finalize some paperwork for a studio for this project myself and my fellow DeMatha alums are working on, book a date for my friends in The Higher Concept in College Park and distribute a few of their EP's to clubs downtown.

Then I get to worry about how much equipment supposedly "broke" in the restaurant last night while I wasn't there. I received a text an hour ago as a heads up that a company was coming in to look at "several" pieces of equipment in the kitchen. Great. Sounds like tomorrow will be a blast.

No comments: