Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Plan A

YES!!! This new cook may just work out!! That means I may actually have a day off next week for the chili cook-off!! Sunday, I am doing a test run with some secret spices that I have picked out for the chili cook-off. Hope they work, because I'm pretty confident they will. So confident that I have literally no Plan B whatsoever.

Being a chef requires a knowledge of tastes and flavors, and you have to know what works and doesn't before you even try to make a dish...no time for trial and error. That said, you don't want to sleep on something as big as the chili cook-off, where I'm going up against cats that do NOTHING but make chili, so it's worth swallowing some pride and asking friends to check it out first. That said, this secret spice I want to use should kick some ass.

Even though I do not have a day off this week, I will be making the short hop to Baltimore Friday night to see my friends The Higher Concept perform at the Black Hole. Should be a great and entertaining show as always, it's not often they come down here to put on a show and I can get some friends to make the trip with me, so I'm not gonna waste the opportunity!!

It cost me 54 bucks to fill up my tank today, thanks Mr. Bush!!! Woo-Sah.

No comments: