Friday, April 11, 2008

Simple (Special) Goodness

Check out the shrimp from yesterday (next to an 8" chef's knife):

Photobucket

So with these bad boys I have taken 1 pound of crab meat, any will do, lump or jumbo lump. 2 red peppers that I sauteed off with 2 tablespoons of garlic, some good olive oil and nice fresh herbs. 4 ounces of goat cheese 1 egg and 2 tbsp of Old Bay. I have pureed all of this and stuffed the shrimp to broil them tonight.

With this left over spread that I have I am going to grill off some bread, we use sourdough. The bread will have a little olive oil, some salt and pepper and thats it. Lightly grilled because the extra virgin olive oil will smoke up instantly...I am going to use the left over red pepper and crab mix and spread it on the bread to go with the shrimp. I'll also make a butter sauce with a small twist, which just takes some white wine, a heavy cream reduction and 1 pound of butter. To this I will add 3 tbsp of red curry to make it interesting.

My vege for this entire ordeal will comprise of a simple stir fry with baby bok choy, sugar snap peas, red onions, carrots, shitake mushrooms, and maybe some asparagus... Can you put that together in your mind people...simple goodness (with big ass shrimp).

Love and simple appreciation for the food is all it takes. Come in and try it, it won't last long tonight I can gaurantee that!!!!!

No comments: