Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Stimulate This!

OK, I don't really do politics, but I gotta say it's nice finally getting my hands on some of that government cheese, with this economic stimulus package in the summer. But isn't it just going to end up in my gas tank??

It costs me $40 to fill up my tank, and it ain't even the "summer driving season" yet. WTF is that anyway? Heard the term on the news the other day. Is it like hunting season or fishing season?? Nobody can drive until the summer?? Is it "catch and release" until then?? Whoever made that up should have to inhale my exhaust pipe.

Even my vendors are starting to charge gas surcharges for our deliveries...and when you fly in fish from all over the world, it can get a little ridiculous. And more importantly, it means all the restaurants have to charge it back to the diner, so you foodies may notice prices enging up a bit this summer. As for us, we refuse to do so, at least for now.

So either it'll fix itself and we'll stop getting hit so hard, or I'm sending my line cooks on a bunch of Segways to pick up my inventory!! But until then, I'll take my free $300 check and a kick in the balls from the government and walk away...well, hobble away.

No comments: