Monday, September 15, 2008

Los Borrachos

Work?

Oh yeah, back to that place again. At least my boys won! I'm short a prep cook today so I have my work cut out for me. As I said on Saturday, the recipe for the Tequila Lime Salsa:

10 ears of roasted corn, cut off the cob
5 plum tomatoes diced
1 jalapeno minced
2 red or orange peppers, small diced
1 red onion small dice
1 bunch of cilantro chopped

2 shots of tequila if you're like me
2 oz of lime juice
olive oil and plenty of salt and pepper

When I first made this dish it reeked of tequila and might have well have been named "salsa borracho" (meaning drunken salsa). The next day, however, it couldn't have tasted better. The brine for the wings went 5 hours instead of 3, though I think 4 is perfect if your going to use bbq sauce. 5 was great and I didn't add anything once they hit the grill.

Oh yeah, those people who say black folks don't get sunburn are full of shit.

No comments: