Thursday, September 4, 2008

Really? A Doctor's Note? Is This Elementary School?

Wednesday...

Well, the special went over great for lunch. One of the 4 horseman (the owners of the restaurant, BTW...FU Brain!) even tried it last night with their tuna, excuse me it was his wife, and took some home declaring it delicious. So needless to say it went over well. Yay me. I still have a job.

Now on to my rant. That cook that cut himself yesterday at his other job? He limped in here an hour ago and said he could not work until Friday. Dude, you are my most expensive cook, late at least once a week (I don't fucking care if you call, that's high maintenance) and only work here 4 days a week while my other cooks do circles around you for less money. Now you tell me you will be out for another 2 days because of something that happened at your OTHER job? He had a doctor's note but I could give a fuck less.

I already said I have 2 cooks on vacation as is and my chef is M.I.A. If you can walk your ass up here to show me a note when you told me last night you would work today, I don't find there is much need for you around here. I already have to be here ya know? I don't need the dead weight when I can fuckin' do it myself.

So am I overreacting? Probably. Can I fire the guy outright? Not without HR breathing down my neck. My chef would take my back in this case but he isn't here to do so. What should I do? Not react in the heat of the moment probably, but I'm The Mad Chef of M Street and sometimes that MAD part gets a little out of hand.

The avocado dressing recipe as promised:

3 avocados - mashed
2 cups of sour cream
1/4 cup of champagne vinegar
6 each anchovies
3 whole shallots
3 cloves of garlic
pinch of cayenne
Salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

Place everything in a blender and process till smooth, and I added a few tablespoons of water to loosen it up! ENJOY!

No comments: