Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday...

Where to begin? Hope your holiday weekend was as good as mine! What did The Mad Chef of M Street get himself into? Hehehe, most of that isn't suited for the public ;)

I will say that my dinner last night with the Mrs. was the best part. Nice juicy T-bone with some roasted shittake and oyster mushrooms tossed with sliced garlic and herico vert, glorious I tell you. Sorry Mr. Brain, I tend to stay on the medium rare side of things to make sure my beef doesn't take on the flavor of leather, and I like that shit bloody, fool.

Oh yeah, but alas I am at work today right? How do I talk about that part? Well, I came in early because my chef had a death in the family. I (note: unnecessary use of talking about himself in the 3rd person...again...edited out by The Brain) set up a cot upstairs for the next week or so. My general manager was let go, my chef has left for who knows how long, and a line cook cut himself at another job so he didn't come in tonite. It was slow so I won't get upset about him not even trying to work. I will however say I am worried as all hell because I already have 2 cooks on vacation, so there is no one to call for HELP!!! It's not like I am going to call my chef, right?

So with that tidbit given up I already have my lunch special ready to go. A trainer at my gym mentioned wanting to make an avocado vinaigrette. Interesting enough, so I indulged myself tonite and came up with a dressing to go along with my black bean relish and spinach salad. I will post the recipe for the dressing tomorrow!

Time to get back to work.

No comments: