Friday, September 19, 2008

Ow

Friday...

First of all let me set the record straight about cutting myself. It's been several months since I cut myself in a meaningful way, and by that I mean while I actually had a knife in my hand. So being that I cut myself more frequently on something other then a knife...well, The Mad Chef of M Street doesn't really know what to say.

I actually was stabbing a check when I did it. We keep our checks on something that looks like a 6 inch pin, though it's not horribly sharp by any means as it's only meant to hold the checks. Well, I stabbed my index finger right on the nail...talented I know. It was more of a PITA because of the bruise that was left in its wake...

On to today, raw bar cook suddenly left work and said she needed the day off tomorrow, which is today. Then I hear that she called back later and said she was taking the next 2 weeks off. Um, I don't know what my chef told her but I don't care if you have been here for umpteen years, you don't tell ME you are taking a vacation for 2 weeks on no notice. No one died, so "Homey don't play that" but again, like always, it's not my call. Though it's a perfect opportunity for fresh blood in the restaurant as far as I'm concerned.

Had 60 pounds of Tasmanian Salmon to fabricate for a party this evening. 3 banquets of different sizes, specials to make and menus to write. I would think I have my work cut out for me, but since I did all the fabricating within the last hour my day may have just been cut in half. My chef is coming in early, don't ask me why, he must of forgotten who he had working for him...

No comments: