Sunday, September 21, 2008

Never the Bride, Always the Bridesmaid...

Saturday...

317 on the books to start the evening as I stroll through the doors at 2pm. Awesome.

We had a wedding reception of 130 people at 5 pm as well so it was pretty busy tonite. I love weddings, not so much the cooking part but the eye candy that it brings. I fully believe in crashing a wedding and I've done so a few times, but this is a blog about cooking, not my personal endeavors *wink wink*

Back to the reception, 5pm, 130 people, open bar (3 bottles in my office for my collection) and a buffet consisting of Black Grouper and 10oz filet. I cut the filet and the grouper yesterday. Yes, I did that along with the 70 pounds of salmon and all that other shit I had to fabricate. It was great, actually reminded me of my days of working all day in a 42 degree walk-in 5 years ago. Great stuff, again I digress.

My chef and the other 2 managers we have in the restaurant are running around like chickens with their heads cut off to keep everything in order. Short staffed would be an understatement, since we also have regular service for the evening. This party cleared, just in wine alone, 6 cases of red and 5 white. That's not including the 8 cases of Amstel Light and 6 cases of Heineken that are now empty boxes upstairs. Don't ask me about the liquor, I was told by several servers they "are drinking like fish" from the time they got here.

Its 10pm and they just left....I'm almost jealous because from the noise my kitchen heard it must have been a good time.

No comments: