Sunday, December 7, 2008

Business is Squashed

Saturday,

Ahh man, it has been a long and drawn out week. This slow period before the banquets begin to pound the kitchen each night is getting old. There is a time when it is welcomed but there is also a time when it gets redundant. It is beyond that stage now. I have been working more then one station each night this week, aside from last night. It isn't worth it to keep all of my cooks each night because there is only so much we can clean when it is slow. This kitchen would make Mr. Clean proud right now. I can see myself on my oven doors, really.

Last night we had a party of 100 and it was a small wake up call for everyone in the kitchen. I actually had plenty to do and was able to keep my head down for most of the day, only peeking up every now and again for...COFFEE.

Today looks to be a bit different unfortunately, with a little less then 100 on the books for the evening. All the same I am sure I can make a few things to keep me busy.... I am thinking about a butternut squash soup...

No comments: