Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Too Early for This Shit...

Wednesday...

Hump day, plenty to do with a buy of just under 100 large to prep for. Yea, I got my work cut out for me today. I glanced over the menu and I can already see this could keep me busy the entire evening. I walked in this morning to see my chef's cell phone on the desk. My first thought was, there is no way I misread my schedule. If there was any way I could have still been in bed, I would have known about it.

So I step into the kitchen and one of the cooks is going off at the mouth about how the chef told someone who is off today to make some soup or something. OK, don't make it today, better yet, I will take care of it. Just stop screaming, because I only walked through the doors 3 minutes ago and we ain't open for another 3 hours. Oh, and trust me, I pointed out the cell phone that she had called in a panic hoping my chef would answer. You know, the one that was on the desk?

I don't need this drama.

Japanese eggplant just got here, hope I have some pretty mushrooms to work with because that was the first thought that jumped into my head. Also, is anyone concerned that it is 64 degrees outside? It is December after all. Damn you AL GORE!!!!

No comments: