Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Season Over

Monday...

The season is over for my beloved Washington Redskins, fitting and frustrating, we are what our record says we are. I wasn't ready for the bitter ending that will now sit for the next 32 weeks until they start back up again, hopefully with some of the same coaches in place. Maryland has their bowl game tomorrow evening and "America's Poll" has 72% giving the win to UMD, great, we all know how the team plays when they are expected to win.

On to more important things dealing with food. In 3 weeks I will be doing up some food for 90 people for my Grandmother's 80th birthday. OK, so this should be interesting to say the least. My mother asked me to make the food and there is no way I can say no to family, right? I have only been asked to make 3 different passed apps for the get together, which isn't anything too difficult, right?

I was even told to go ahead and "show off," but what can I make that will sit right with a bunch of senior citizens that fully demonstrates my skills? Can't exactly do raw foods for this sort of thing, though there will be some people who aren't older than dirt, so maybe I can do one dish over the top and two on the conservative side.

I also got an email from my favorite blonde, giving me my heads up for this year's DC101 Chili Cook-Off, which is still 6 months away...guess they like to get started early, huh? This year the event will be held at RFK instead of downtown DC. Should be pretty cool, and less traffic in the way!

Gotta go get started on my day, lots to do on my only day off!

No comments: