Friday, December 19, 2008

Detox

Thursday...

Not much to write home about once again, I did however get some white truffle shavings to play with. Risotto or mashed potatoes, I haven't decided which to use yet. We have a banquet of 38 tonite, or is it 45? Unfortunately, my paperwork is pointing to 38 with a set count and what foods to make. The computer up front, however, says something different.

Even more unfortunate is the fact that no one has alerted me to which it is. Either way it's not a big deal, as in my past experiences counts would jump by larger then 10 when the party arrived. So here it seems things are no different, hopefully someone will let me know before the first course goes out so I do not dig myself into a hole.

It also looks as if we will have a productive night with well over 100 reservations on the books, thank goodness because it means I get to run the kitchen instead of cook in the kitchen tonite. It's great to switch things up every now and again.

This detox diet thing that I have been schemin' the past few days is informative to say the least. Did you know that pomegranates contain the most natural anti-oxidants of any food we grow here in the States? Remember that one the next time you go to that special person who hands you a tiny cup and says "fill to this line please." I can also now give out a 1200 calorie day detox using almonds, pomegranate juice, carrot juice and brown rice. OK, so it's not exactly gourmet but who the hell ever heard of a gourmet detox diet. This ain't no acai berry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well i stay away from detox.


Acai