Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas is Creepin'

#@$@#$#@%@

DUDE, Christmas is next week...maybe when I have a nite off I will go do some shopping for the Mrs., cuz it sure as hell ain't happened yet!

Party of 90 on the books for tonite with no food plated, but 2 carvers are needed and they want 8 different sauces for 6 food items...some people like variety I guess. The prep required for this party reminds me of when I was working at a former haunt and was responsible for 7 sauces every day, each to be made within 2 hours. Guess how long I plan on those 8 sauces taking me today? Too long.

Soon as I start all of these sauces, I have to get started on banging out this evening special, which I really don't know what it is going to be. Have to check the walk-in for that one. If I can get all of this food set up in the next 3 hours, I have to begin thinking about what I need to buy for Christmas for those special people around me.

Don't be fooled into thinking that I am slacking by saying that I haven't gone shopping yet, for the past 5 years and counting it usually happens on the 22nd-23rd, so I am going early this year. It really is a PITA to accomplish this every year, especially since I am not the greatest at giving gifts. If I could get a gift certificate to everyone's favorite store, my shopping would be done in a matter of moments with the help of the Internet.

$hit...time has slipped away and I need to get started, since I've got to try and get out of here early tonite to do this shopping...

No comments: