Sunday, December 21, 2008

Feast or Famine

It seems sometimes that's just the way things go. Some days I am arguing with vendors over pricing, scheduling meetings for development of the pilot, creating a diet plan, running around the kitchen keeping things in line or planning for new Mad Chef events all in a days work. Other days, I'm running out of corners in the kitchen to clean. Today I am wondering how I can cut labor cost by sending cooks home, instead of sweating out 300+ covers in one night. Back and forth, back and forth. Bad times, indeed.

We are looking at 35 reservations for the evening
...on a Saturday night. Yikes.

Enough of that though, there is still plenty to talk about outside of the kitchen. Christmas shopping yesterday? Honestly, I took 10 steps into Montgomery Mall and watched a young child knock over an entire rack of clothing and laugh like he had done nothing wrong. That was enough for me to leave, that and the old man that obviously wasn't a parent of any sort attempt to scold the child verbally. Kinda comical now that I think about it, but I really don't do well with such chaos going on around me, outside of the kitchen anyway. In the kitchen I have a voice that people have to listen to.

I wonder if chef will let me take off for that cooking competition in January????

No comments: