Monday, July 7, 2008

Reality Bites

Someone has a case of the Mondays....

In at 10am, out at 11pm, that is my day today. Tomorrow morning will start much the same way. Party of 27 at noon, but since I got here this morning instead of coming in an hour later and depending on someone else for help, it is completely prepped for and ready to go. I already fabricated all of my fish for the morning, made a wild mushroom puree for my soup and, well, it's not 11:30 yet. This coffee really is good in the morning!

Tonight for my special I have some heirloom cauliflower to deal with and some orange roughy. I'm feelin' fruity...that doesn't sound right at all. But anyways I'm thinking of some type of gastrique with fruit tonite.

Next week is the EITM gig and that company picnic I agreed to cater...did I mention I DON'T want to be a caterer? HA, the things I try to do for friends to get my name out there. I thought I took all my licks back in my early days of cooking? I guess it never stops.

On another side note, I caught some of the Food Networks "Next Food Network Star" last night. Man, if you don't know what the plate you are looking at is, lie your fucking ass off and dare someone on camera to challenge you. If you can't sell shit on a plate as a piece of foie gras, you have no right trying to be on that type of show anyways. Just my humble opinion. It's on camera, no audience, no one else is saying you are right or wrong but the person who made it.

Ok, maybe that is a little harsh, but if you are going to be on a show like that you have got to be able to do spur of the moment, off your hip thinking, right? Ugh, why do I let myself watch that shit.

No comments: